Sunday, September 18, 2011

the ups and the downs

Here I am... a week into my adventure and slowly but surely learning that it's nothing like what I expected. There are things that I like more than I thought, and things that I don't know as much as I thought.

1. Making all new friends. It is soo tough. When we first got here (we meaning me and Courtney), we thought we would just find all these new friends and have a new life. We learned after a week of working working working, we still barely have any friends and are still working our tails off to get new ones.. particularly boys because....

2. Finding new friends. A couple days into the journey, Court and I decided we have truely found the girls that we want to spend our time with. Their names are Tessa, Peri, and Macall. All from Utah, yes we came this far to make friends with more Utahns :) These girls have their heads screwed on tight and they have their fingers screwed on correctly... meaning, they have their priorities and standards in the perfect place and they aren't WEIRD. Some of the girls here are so wack that you just want to smack their little perky little faces



from left to right we have me, Court, Macall, Peri (p.s. her real name is Perpagillian), and Tessa

3. DRESS CODE!! Ay yi yi, so much more strict that I ever imagined. We can wear shorts... on Sundays we wear skirts and dresses.... oh- but everything has to go PAST our knees. Got dress coded twice for that. Also, we have to be lookin' our best so, no athletic shorts in the dining hall- even if they are past your knee length basketball shorts. It's been quite the battle. I had no idea that boys get so turned on by knee caps.

4. I plan to buy myself a ukelele and become good at it. I learned a song at the PCC the other day. "You are my Sunshine". My very first song. The man that taught us was actually really really nice!



5. I love Courtney Ingalls with all my heart. We get separated for a few hours a day and it is the most painful part of this journey. We never ever spent time together in high school and I have spent the last 15 days with her and LOVED it. Such a cute girl. Such a great example.

more things to come on a later date. we are off to a "marriage conference" dance to meet future husbands! only at byu
oh... did I ever mention that here, we strongly advise to have study groups.. ya you might learn a little but you can meet your future companion (a quote straight from my biology teacher)

No comments:

Post a Comment