Tuesday, October 18, 2011

poor little asian...

I made a poor little oritental girl cry today. I hate telling people they are wrong, mainly because I hate getting told I am wrong.  But once water droplets start to form in the eyes, than we really know there is a problem.

We were in English and all had a rough draft of an essay due, it was a peer editing day.  Well, on these days, since there are so many people who have english as their second language, she likes us to exchange papers with one person that has english as their first language and then one with it as their second.... I usually exchange with Kayla, this chick from Hong Kong or something.  She is cute.  Always does a really good job with papers!!

Well, today as I read her paper, I realizes she completely misunderstood the assignment.  As I explained to her what she did wrong and pretty much broke it to the little lady that she had to redo her paper, her eyes started to get all red and filled up with tears.  Great, I was only trying to help and now I have put the chick in tears.

I can only imagine what happened once she was all alone or no one was looking.  That's about the excitement of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment