Thursday, October 27, 2011

turnin' things classical

today was great.  all except for farming. I haven't put much up about my farming experiences because I need to ask this lady suzanne to send me all of the pictures from it but for my history class, we have been put into groups and each group is expected to plant crops.  The first day of this we were taken out to timbuktoo.  She told us we needed to go cut out a 10 x 10 plot with our group... mind you, the shrubs we were cutting down were taller than me and pokey and I had NO idea what I was doing.  Needless to say, the Native Hawaiian boy in our group gets annoyed with me real easily.

Then, the second time we went out there, we had to plant our corn crops.  Each group had to choose if they were going to be Europeans or Native Americans.  Well we chose Native Americans- not knowing what the difference was.  We get out to the farm and the teacher goes ok Natives!!! The men never worked on the farms in these families, it was the women.  If only I could show you the face I made......

Something a lot like this.  Me and Suzanne had to just start digging away.  Luckily our Native, Eddie can't keep his hands off of the dumb thing and helped A LOT!

Then, we went out again on Tuesday and decided that we needed to go again when we would have more time. We decided to go today at noon.  So I went.  IT WAS HOT! Eddie brough this container with fish in it... yes he went and caught fish to put under our crops to give them nutrients.... (he loves to farm if you couldn't tell by now) SO I told him I was fine with that but I wasn't going to be able to help him with that.  In the meantime, me and Suzanne planted our sunflowers and pumpkin squash. When we had to water all of these things when we finished, I didn't do in the right technique.  Eddie got mad at me and took over.  I was muddy. I was sweaty.  I was hot.  I could care less at this point.

It is kinda fun in some ways.. but in other ways its really not fun at all.  I'd much rather be working on my tan or something.

other than that it was a regular day... oh besides the fact that I am sitting here listening to courtney listen to various music selections such as Hawaiian chants, classical music, and opera sounding things... things that are way beyond the level of the mo tab.  It's making me laugh a lot inside, but it is for a test tomorrow so I can't laugh until she is ready to laugh with me.  Until then, I will just blog about it and let her find this later.

another sleepover with tessa tonight.  she's fun. love our sleepovers. maybe this time we could get a little more sleep.

HAAAAAALELLLLUUUUJJJAAAHHHHH!!!! HAAALLLLEELLLUUJJAHHH!! HALELUJAH! HALELUJAH! HALEEEEEEEYELUJAH!!!!! thats the song we are listening to right now. bahahahahahahhahahhaha loving my life in hawaii. truely. this place is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment