Monday, October 10, 2011

should I be looking both ways?

Fun fact about Hawaii... so many streets here are one way. It makes for a pretty confusing lifestyle. When we first arrived in Waikiki with Sue, it took like an extra 20 minutes to get into the hotel. Not to find it, to get into the parking lot because we kept running into one way streets that would block us from getting in the dang place! SO this got me thinking as I was crossing the street today... I look completely silly looking both ways!!
DUUHH!!! this sign is staring at me every time I cross the street but even though I really only need to look the one way, I ALWAYS look the other way. My intentions to look the other way aren't even to see if a biker is coming or anything, in my head I am still making sure cars aren't coming from that direction. The second I get used to looking for cars here, I'm going to arrive home in SLC and get hit by a semi. Just wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment