Tuesday, November 29, 2011

sue sue sue

I am one day late... but happy birthday to my mom!!!!
what an amazing lady.
I always knew I loved and appreciated my mom, but I don't think I really truly loved and appreciated my mom until I got here.
I look forward to talking to her on the phone every single day.  Even if it's just for a few seconds.  It gives me a boost to finish off my day and give me hope that no matter how stressed or frazzled I am, everything is going to be alright.

She makes me laugh.  On Sundays when me and Court skype our families, Courtney always makes sure to come and say hi to Sue because she always knows she will get a song, or an eyebrow dance, or a funny story.  It's great.

She has recently taken in a good friend of mine and given him a home to stay in and a meal whenever he needs it.  Doesn't get much selfless than that.  She will never really know how grateful me and him are to her for that.  But that is just the type of person she is. Giving giving giving.

I was sick for about two weeks while being here and it really made me realize how much easier it is to be sick when you have a mom always shoving medicine down your throat and going and buying you treats while you layed on the couch and going to the doctors office with you.  These are all things I wouldn't have learned if I never came here to school.  Court did a good job, but nothin' like the comfort of your own mom.  Courtney woke up sick this morning and I can only hope that I can take good care of her and think to myself "what would sue barton do?" 

Sue and I went through a bit of a rough patch through my high school days, but eventually worked things out and from the summer before my senior year, up til now, I look forward to every little second I get to spend with her. We could seriously lay on her bed for hours and hours and just laugh and make fun of each other.

She was able to come over to Oahu with me and Court to get us settled in and it was soo much fun!! She sure made us laugh.  
Not being able to figure out the one way roads.
Thinking one of the buildings at the school was the temple and had been painted.
Not being able to find the lever to open the gas pump.
Telling us that being in our room made her feel like a fuzzy bunny.
I could go on and on. But I won't.

So happy late birthday to ya, Sue!! Thank you for everything that you do for me!! I love you sooo soo sooooo much and can't wait to see you in 17 days!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment